Friday, May 4, 2012

Meet the PLCAA Board

M E S S A G E S


Maya Ibarra 
May I congratulate PLCAA for reaching a milestone in 2012 - 5 years of excellent service to the Filipino - Australian community of Penrith and the wider community of Sydney. I feel honoured and privileged to have been a part of this great organization since its inception. PLCAA has displayed our Filipino culture and heritage through song, dance and the various activities of the PCFS. May we continue to persevere  in our mission of promoting awareness, understanding and appreciation of our Filipino culture. Mabuhay tayong  lahat!

Aurora Valencia
I joined PLCAA three years ago for the glee club. This year, I am greatly honoured to be a member of the Board. I believe in its mission and admire the dedication, enthusiasm and involvement of its members in every activity and projects in promoting our Filipino heritage, talents, education and community service.  The friendship and camaraderie among the PLCAA members is obvious and commendable. In partnership with the Penrith City Council, the Philippine Consulate General and other communityorganisations, PLCAA is able to successfully and effectively achieve its objectives.

Malu Barroga

What an honour to be re-elected as treasurer, and again be one of ever busy PLCAA Board achievers. I look forward to a more fun-filled activities and events especially on the 5th Anniversary Celebration of PLCAA on 25 August 2012. Mabuhay ang PLCAA!

Mike Alvarez

I am honoured to have been elected as PLCAA Auditor for the second time. Through PLCAA, my wife and I have learned the art of singing with the PLCAA Glee Club and my wife Sylvia is currently learning the Ifugao dance. In 2012, the PLCAA Board has lined up four major activities:  PLCAA's fifth anniversary celebration, Philippine Independence Day event, Karaoke Master Competition and Pasko Na Naman. On behalf of PLCAA, I applied for $1,000 grant for its project Carol on Wheels to benefit nursing home residents during Christmas. 


I congratulate the new Board members especially Danny Rosales for accepting the position of PLCAA President. I also acknowledge the efforts of Past Presidents Evelyn Esguerra and Dr. Alexis Leones for steering PLCAA for where it is today.

Alan Candelario

Mabuhay kayong lahat! As the new PLCAA PRO, I would like to thank you all for the privilege of becoming an important member of the PLCAA. I look forward to assisting and developing PLCAA’s vision: to enable and empower Australian Filipinos to value their language and heritage. To participate actively within their communities in order to foster a better understanding and appreciation of Filipinos in Australia.
Maraming salamat po.

Beth Alcantara

Being involved in PLCAA helped me feel connected to my roots by looking back and reliving the culture and experiences that tend to be forgotten as one gets immersed in a whole new way of life and perspective. I dare not claim patriotism as one of my virtues, because if it truly is, I wouldn’t be here in Australia. But I do love the land of my birth and the family I left behind. I strive to be, in my own little way, a good ambassador of our country, whether at work, in the community or the society in general.


I hope that I can bring something of myself to this organisation where I have met so many beautiful people and continue to cultivate friends for life. More power to PLCAA and to GOD be the glory.

Aida Basto

I am honoured and proud to be part of PLCAA, in continuously promoting our Filipino culture and traditions. The dedication, hardwork and enthusiasm within the group are contagious.  To be involved in various projects and successful performances are very rewarding.  More power to PLCAA!

Marie Bandayrel

It gives me a great pleasure to have joined the PLCAA to be able to help and promote its mission of cultural diversity in the community. I have made a substantial contributions through teaching dance, language and participation in different projects for everyone’s awareness of the Filipino cultural heritage background. It is my wish to leave a legacy that we can all be proud of.

Cora Barretto

It gives me great pleasure to commend the officers and members of the PLCAA in their enthusiastic efforts to promote and preserve heritage and culture through its various projects such as the Penrith Community
Filipino School, PLCAA Glee Club and Filipino Cultural Heritage Youth Camp.Like the past officers and members I am truly honoured and proud to be associated with a wide variety of people who are very supportive of our organisation's many activities. I salute past and present officers for their efforts in making all our projects a big success.

Maria Bock

I am happy to be part of PLCAA. I’ll do my best to participate and perform with the other members of the group and have fun- time singing. I am also proud to be able to help with the learning of the Filipino language and culture of the young Filipino-Australians.

Divina Ibarra

Ang pagbubuklod natin sa isa’t isa ang naging tibay at lakas ng ating samahang PLCAA, umabot na sa ika-limang taon na ipinahihiwatig sa mga mamamayan, ma-Pilipino o ibang lahi, ang ating kultura at tradisyon sa pamamagitan ng pag-aaral ng sariling wika, kanta, sayaw, pagkain at larong Pilipino ng ating bansa. Nawa’y patuloy pa tayong bigyan ng lakas at gabayan ng ating Poong Maykapal.  Mabuhay tayong lahat!

Lionel Laserna

Congratulations to PLCAA on its 5th anniversary. Once again, it is with much gladness that I am part of the PLCAA Board. I look forward to working with the team to organise future activities. This collaborative effort, a strong characteristic of PLCAA, means good quality performances and success of community events. I believe in promoting our Philippine heritage and culture among the younger generations of
Filipino-Australians and in the wider community. I invite people with this passion to be a part of PLCAA. I guarantee a joyful journey with PLCAA. Join now.



Tony Malicdem

Ang Pilipinas ay isang bansa na hinandugan ng Maykapal ng maraming wika at iba't ibang kultura. Kaya ang Pinoy ay isa sa mga lahi ng tao sa mundong ito na laging maunlad, mapagmamalaki at higit sa lahat ay mapagmahal sa kahit na sinong lahi. I am proud to be a Pinoy.



2012 — PLCAA BOARD

HERE TO SERVE


No comments: